The Samsung Green Tomorrow house

The first home in East Asia to earn a LEED Platinum rating, named The Samsung Green Tomorrow house, designed by Samoo Architects, is a 500 square meter zero energy and zero emissions building. Its innovative facade reduces energy losts and it combines high perfomance technologies to achieve the required energy standards:

  • heat pumps
  • floor heating
  • ventilation systems
  • daylight sensors
  • photovoltaic panels
  • water efficiency equipment (dual flush toilets, greywater systems)

Combining these technologies (this project has 68 features to achieve zero energy and zero emission standards) led to 56% energy savingsand the remaining 44% of energy is provided by photovoltaic panels.

The Samsung Green Tomorrow house project was supported by London-based Arup, providing consulting assistance.

samsung green house

zero energy home interior

zero energy house

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>