In 2009 we saw high growth of interest in energy efficient living but 2010 will be an exciting year for green buildings; experts predict that we’ll emerge from the global crisis and we can expect to see an exponential growth.
What are the near-term trends we could see as soon as next year?
1. Energy labeling for homes and offices and carbon calculations of building materials and processes.
2. Sustainable building education
3. More zero energy buildings
4. Smaller homes
5. Rising value of green
6. Real time energy use monitoring in homes
7. Green technologies and renewable energy supported by Obama presidency
8. Reduced water consumption, water recovery systems
9. Acceleration of solar power use